Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cap Envy

I've been eyeing the Cooperstown Collection caps for a few weeks but at $25 - $30 a pop I just couldn't pick just one, much less pull the trigger. Good thing as it turns out. We stopped by TJ Maxx over the weekend and wouldn't you know it, they had a ton of Cardinal caps including many of the Cooperstown caps! These caps were priced from $5 - 10 each so for the price of one cap from the MLB site, I picked up four. They're all fitted and are wool blends.

Clockwise from upper left:
Cooperstown Collection - 1942 Home Cap
Cooperstown Collection - 1943 - 1956
Nike (Saw this one at the ball park last night at 50% off MSRP for $19)
Cooperstown Collection - Not a replica, just an old style cap.



I'm on the lookout for the the 1903, 1918 - 1919, and 1940 caps now. They also had a few St. Louis Browns caps that I would have bought if they were in my size. I may stop by another TJ Maxx or Marshall's to see if they have any more of these. If any other Cardinal fans not in STL are interested, I can grab one for you locally. Just send your hat size.

For fans of any other teams, check out your local shops for your favorite team! They also had modern caps as well if you don't swing it old school.

4 comments:

night owl said...

During one of my trips to the Hall of Fame, I bought a St. Louis Browns cap. I bought it a long time ago. I think I still have it somewhere.

gritz76 said...

Man, those are some ugly hats!! Just kidding(not really). You did get some pretty good deals though!

'30-Year Old Cardboard said...

Very cool pick-ups, Congrats!!

IkesCards said...

Picked up two more today. 1918 Cardinals & and a wool old style Browns cap. Pics to follow...