Friday, January 29, 2010

More Baseball Art from 20x200

I’ve written about the occasional baseball related art available from 20x200 in the past: Don Hammerman’s Baseball Series and the Babe In the Negroe Leagues. They released another piece last fall, In The Ballpark by Tatsuro Kiuchi.

Being the OC type, I ordered it and have grown to appreciate it over the last few months. The picture reminds me of The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner by Alan Sillitoe: just the solitary outfielder among faceless spectators. Will he catch it for the team or maybe drop it on purpose to spite them? Or, maybe I'm reading too much into it. Regardless, I love the sparseness of the piece. No umpires, no teammates, no billboards!

As with other 20x200 artwork, these come in various sizes - each in a limited edition and signed by the artist. I can't wait to see what they may have for Opening Day 2010!

0 comments: