Thursday, February 5, 2009

Trade With Blue Heaven

A by product of Jawdy’s Basement Heroes January Break was a trade with Ernest at Blue Heaven: a stack of Cardinals for a stack of Dodgers. I returned from a trip to Guadalajara to find Blue Heaven’s very generous package. He sent a mix of 80’s & 90’s Cardinals, a smattering of vintage cards and then some really, really vintage cards.

Isaac loved the Ozzies, especially the action shots.

Ozzie1

Ozzie2

Two current Cardinals. Ankiel’s story truly is amazing and I’m reminded of it every time I see his older cards as a Pitcher.

AnkielKennedy

A few vintage cards… plus four 1972 Topps not pictured.

Alexander 1950 Callahan

Schoendienst 1967  Groat 1966

Three interesting Victorian cards from the 1800’s. Check out these links from Blue Heaven for more info: Victorian Baseball Cards, Merchant’s Gargling Oil Cards. Click on the cards for larger images. I doubt we’ll go search these out but, like Japanese cards, they’re fun and interesting.

The Hero of a Home Run A Fine Catch A Wild Throw

       

And finally a pin for Isaac’s jean jacket.

Brock Button

Thanks again to Blue Heaven for a great trade. I only hope the cards we sent in return came close in offering the sheer enjoyment with these cards. Check out his blog for Dodgers info and vintage baseball card and memorabilia information. It truly is a great resource and has pointed us to several items of note we would not have known about.

2 comments:

madding said...

Nice haul! I am a big fan of Ankiel's cards from his pitching days. I got to really liking him when he was a rookie and was pretty crushed when he started having all the issues. I'm also a pretty fan of getting Darryl Kile cards, which is obviously sad for a different and more serious reason.

ernest said...

Hey. Sorry for not writing sooner. I've just been inundated and just plain failed to post about our trade. Fear not though, I'll be writing about it soon. BTW, thanks for the trade. I had never seen most of the cards before and am very happy with them. Thank You.