Friday, March 19, 2010

Season Tickets

A few weeks back I got a call from the Cardinals Ticket Office. Apparently, they noticed that we had not renewed our modest package and wanted to know why. Frankly, I had forgotten about it and put off renewing because we really had to think long and hard about doing it considering some of the home improvement projects we have lined up - read: 1100 sq ft patio... er, "outdoor living space."

So I returned their call and spoke to a nice enough gentleman who gave me an offer I did not refuse. Without getting into the details, at the end of that call I bought the exact same package and the exact same seats as last year for over 25% (not a typo... twenty-five) LESS than what we paid last year!

Lets review:

- Sign Big Bopper Left Fielder at huge dollars to protect Albert.
- Notice Ike's Dad hasn't renewed tickets.
- Sell tickets to Ike's Dad at a sizeable discount.

At this rate, they'll be calling me to give us free tickets next February after they've signed El Hombre to a lifetime contract!

I'm posting this because we're ready. The tickets arrived yesterday and Isaac poured over them to see which visiting teams he would see this summer. We also had our first catch of the year. Good times.

Remember kids - Procrastination Pays Off!

0 comments: